Saturday, March 20, 2010

You need that boy like a bowling ball dropped on your head, which means not at all.

Dear God;

When I sit down to think about it (or especially when I'm not thinking about it at all!), it's not really *that* bad being single right now. I have opportunities to do things that I probably would not have when I'm married, or even in a relationship. Plus, it's nice only having to really worry about myself right now.

I think I am, for the most part, becoming more content with You as the only man in my life. I still struggle, but I suppose that's part of what makes me human, having to face the battles of the flesh.

I've also noticed, that as I grow closer to Godly women, rather than Godly men, I feel fulfilled in friendship. Which could be perhaps why, after no longer being able to see my former roommate, that I feel empty not having that anymore. However, I am so thankful for that time I had, to have someone to talk to and to be completely open with, but also to receive advice from in a Godly manner.

While my mother is good for that sometimes, often times, she doesn't understand. I still blame it on generational issues, but who knows. It is nice however, to know that I can come to You, and be completely candid about how I'm feeling, and what I'm facing, and know that I won't be judged, but I will be loved.

And on the other hand, as of late, you have brought back into my life a friend I have cherished for years, and I am hoping and believing that through You, our friendship will continue to strengthen. She has far more wisdom than I think she realizes, and just to say hello to her brings a smile to my face, and reminds me that I am not alone in my struggles.

I'm not as close with men as I used to be, friendship wise, and I am starting to think that may be a good thing. I suppose there comes a time in your life (even for us tom-boys), where the most positive influence in your life must come from women, rather than men.

I suppose thats just one of those things that comes with growing up.

Please, continue to give me the strength to be patient, because on my own, patience fades away.

Love your daughter,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: