Thursday, March 25, 2010

You better think twice before you roll the dice, better think twice before you give your heart away...

Dear Father,

Your silence on this matter is really frustrating me. I've learned not to rely on feelings, because they are fickle and can change quickly and without warning.

But Lord, this young man has been the cause for butterflies for two years now, and not only are the butterflies refusing to flit away, but they are getting larger as time goes on. I trust you. I trust that your will and your plan will be carried out. But I can't deny that I am frustrated. For the last week straight, every night I have dreamed about him, and about interacting with him in a relationship-type manner.

This makes patience very hard. I don't want to leap forward and try to find answers for myself, but its becoming so much more difficult not to just charge forward.

You know what's even more frustrating Lord? He barely knows I exist!

Well... that is not entirely true. He knows I exist, and we talk once in a while... even exchange playful insults in groups at church. Once in a while, I swear I catch him looking at me, but of course, I could be imagining things, or interpreting them with wishful thinking.

Why will he not leave my thoughts Lord? And why do you continue to allow me to dream of him? Your silence isn't helping me any, and though I know you have a reason for it, couldn't you just tell me *something*?

Please help me Lord.

Love your [frustrated] daughter,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: