Tuesday, August 30, 2011

At least out loud, I won't say I'm in love.... sha la la la la la, ahhh.

Husband,

Don't be fooled by the title. The truth is, I did say it out loud. For the first time to a man since I was 17 years old. And it was terrifying. It took me three days to muster up the strength to say it. Fear kept holding me back. Fear of it being too soon, fear of it not being returned, fear of it scaring you.

It's strange, because it's nothing like anything I've ever experienced. It's not all mushy gushy feelings and butterflies, though I can't deny that those have their moments.

I was afraid too that maybe I didn't mean it because it is fast. Can falling in love really happen that fast? But then I realized that time isn't necessarily the controlling factor in these things. Sometimes when it's right, it's just right, and it fits.

The truth is though, I figured it out three weeks in. I knew it. It took just a moment, and it was that moment when my entire being realized that I loved you. We were worshipping God together at my church, hand in hand, focused not on one another, but on God. And in that moment, everything fit. In that moment, for the first time ever, I experienced what it really means to have that relationship together with God. And I know you felt it too, because you told me you felt it even before I told you what I thought.

And so, I said it... I said it to you with all the conviction held within my heart, and you said it back. I didn't want that moment to end, but now that it has, I am so excited to see how this moves forward. Where we go from here.

You are so amazing, and I hope I still tell you every day how blessed and lucky I am to have you in my life, loving me.

Love you always and forever,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just amazing to be in a relationship with someone who worships and loves the same God as you? I find no greater connection than when we are united in Christ. I think that's how I first knew my husband was someone different - I asked him to do devotions on the first day we started dating, we couldn't start them that day, but we started them 4 days later and we've been doing them ever since.
Melissa