Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Visions are flashing into my head as i reminisce my reoccurring dreams

My prince,

It's all happening so fast, but I can't say that's a bad thing. At first, I was afraid. Afraid that if I fell, it meant that I would be too vulnerable. But I guess that's one of the things that comes with growing up, that you come to understand that love cannot function without vulnerability.

Sometimes it feels strange to talk about our future together when we've only been with each other for such a short amount of time. That strangeness, however, I would chalk up more to expectations laid by the way things should flow according to the world. The truth is, when talking about it, despite its strangeness, it just fits. It feels right, feels normal.

Sometimes it's hard not to get ahead of ourselves. Knowing that it's ours to claim, there are moments when I want it all right now. Why must we wait when we know we're right for each other? Why must we allow time when we know our futures are entwined?

Thankfully the voice of reason and truth wins out against those battles in my mind. I know that the time between exists because God has willed it so, that it is in God's timing we must trust, and not in our own.

It's hard, but then again, God never promised it would be easy waiting on the desires of our hearts.

I'm excited to start this journey with you, to start smoothing out our relationship in both the good and the bad. To work on growing not just with each other, but with each other in God. Because without Him, really, what is our relationship?

Love you always and forever,

Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: