Saturday, August 13, 2011

He said, "I hate this place. I miss your smile. I miss your face. I wrote a song. Girl, I wrote a song."

My handsome prince,

I can't say with certainty that I've found you. But I have a feeling. A feeling that I can't shake. One that every time we're near, every time we touch, every time we look into each other's eyes is so overwhelming that I can't deny it's there.

I know it's not hormones, and I know it's not just the feelings that come with a new romance. Those are there too, but this... this is different.

I know that if this is it, it's God's hand that has brought us together. Either way, God brought us together... there's too much that could be considered 'chance' for it not to be God.

It has something to do with the level of comfort I have. I've never slid into being this comfortable with someone, especially not this quickly. It's not just comfort in being physically beside one another, but in being part of your life. It just fits.

I'm fully ready to admit I could be wrong. After all, this is so soon, so very soon. But I don't think I'm going to be wrong. Too much is falling into place. Too many things match up.

I think this really is the start of that journey, the start of the path being cut to the day where you and I join in marriage, where I become yours and you become mine. It's going to be a long journey, but that's okay. Part of the magic is walking that path together and in God.

Just so you know though, this is the only time I'm going to mention this, until I know for sure. Getting it out helps me to not think on it too much, because you and I both know that when I think on things too much, good or bad, they always end up having bad results.

You are everything I could have ever wanted, and I know that as we take our journey together in marriage, that every day I continue to fall in love with you again and again. I can't wait for that day, that moment, when I do know without a doubt that it is you and that I am in love.

Until then, I'm going to keep trusting in God, and keep my heart protected as much as possible. Because if this isn't you, I don't want you to have to pick up the pieces of a broken heart because I was irresponsible.

I love you so much more than you can ever imagine.

Just a Girl,
Someday a Wife

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about it being too soon. When you're ready, you'll know. I know people always used to tell that to me and I never understood it until I met my (now) husband. I had those feelings and I thought it was too soon, but then I realized that I was just working on other people's time tables - God's time table looks different that our human time table. Good luck - go with God!

Asia said...

Nice post. Love your blog. I am your new follower. You can follow my blog too!