Saturday, May 21, 2011

This too shall pass.

Husband,

My suspicions from before have proven to be true. He wasn't you.

There's a big part of me that's kind of happy about it. Certain things I was willing to compromise that I really didn't want to.

I thought I'd be struggling more with this. After all, this was my first mature/serious relationship. At first, it hurt a lot. I cried a lot harder than I had in a long time. But today, I'm fine.

More than fine actually. I'm happy. I'm looking forward to things that I couldn't really do before. I'm excited about what's to come, about the things I can do, the people I can see. The freedom I have again. That surprises me. But I think it's a good thing. I think it's God's way of reminding me that there's so much more to come for me.

I'm going to rewrite my list for you... then release it up to God. Because next time, I'm hoping it will be you. But if it's not... I'm kind of okay with that.

Love you always,

Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Nice blog :)

kimberly @ lush lounge said...

being single is actually a great oppurtunity to do things YOU want & u can have a lot of fun! I'm a new follower. found you off 20sb come check mine out at http://alwaysfollowurheart.blogspot.com

SomedayWifey said...

@ V - Thanks!

@Kimberly - Thanks for the follow! I agree... being single can be a very good thing. :)

ShanimalsCrackers.blogspot.com said...

Hi! Saw you on 20sb. I just want to say that I think your blog is really clever and I'm enjoying your writing style.