Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Everything is opposite, I don't feel like stopping it, so tell me baby what I've got to lose...

Husband,

I know it's probably not the best thing to gloat about, but right now, I feel on top of the world. It's amazing, realizing that I have all the things my classmates told me I would never have growing up. That I was too ugly, too fat, too geeky, not hot enough to ever have a guy truly into me, to ever be somebody.

I'm not famous, but I'm somebody. I'm not drop-dead gorgeous, but I know I'm attractive. And best of all? I have a smoking hot boyfriend who adores me. Who thinks I'm beautiful, sexy, funny, intelligent and LOVES the fact that I am geeky.

And you know what the greatest part is? Knowing that you'll feel that way too.

I can't deny it was hard to not agree with the predictions of peers, friends and family when the guys I was ever with treated me horribly, and those that were physically attracted to me only saw that attraction so long as I was willing to put out. When I said no, they ditched me feeling worthless, telling me I had nothing to hold a guy's attention.

But, I digress. The point is that it feels incredible to realize that I am everything they said I wasn't. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to flaunt that a little bit.

Is it wrong that I am feeling like this?

Love you always,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: