Monday, June 13, 2011

It takes a lot to stand above the rest, well I've found the best...

Hey handsome,

In the past few weeks since the breakup I've learned a lot about myself.

I've learned I feel beautiful even without having a man to make me feel that way. I'm confident. I have the capability to be around someone I'm attracted to and not flounder under the expectation that I need to find a way to attract them.

But I've also learned some things about me and relationships.

I've realized there are certain things I seem to settle for every time, and end up missing them without even knowing I've missed them.

As selfish as it may be, you're going to adore me. But, I would expect that I'll adore you too. If there's no adoration and dedication there, then where is the incentive to be with that person instead of someone else?

I'm happy these days. Not the elated kind of happy I used to get when I was a little wonky, but the kind of happy that comes from being satisfied with yourself and with life. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have you in my life right now. But since you're not, I'm kind of content to just sit around and wait.

Anyways, just wanted to say a quick hello tonight and let you know how I'm doing.

Love you always,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: