Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I thought I saw your face today, but I just turned my head away

Husband,

I can't begin to describe the sense of freedom that has come from being on my own for a little bit now. Don't get me wrong, I want you in my life and there are moments where I wish you were here more than anything, but I'm also happy to just be me and Dad for a little bit.

There's a lot I still have to learn about myself, and I feel like I've been finding out who I am in leaps and bounds now.

I'm going on adventures by myself, doing things I never thought I could do and finding comfort and company in simply being alone and doing what I want to do. I'm slowly beginning to attempt to reconnect with friends who have been out of my life for a while and rediscovering how friendship feels.

I do kind of have one request though. If possible, can you try to be in my life before my sister's wedding? I'm really not looking forward to being the only single person there.

Love you to infinity and beyond,
Just a Girl, Someday a Wife

No comments: