Saturday, November 27, 2010

Diamonds, diamonds everywhere!

Courtesy Google Images
Father,

You know, the hardest part about being my age that I am finding, is watching practically everyone I know get married and get engaged.

I'm finding it an odd feeling right now, because I really want to be engaged, I want to be taking that step, but at the same time, at least with the boyfriend now, I am not quite ready for that. Our relationship is still incredibly young, and it still is way too early to be thinking about rings. Especially considering you know, we don't even know if that's were it is going to go at this point.

Yet I still find myself envious of all those getting engaged. As my younger sister prepares to move with her boyfriend, and soon get engaged, I wish it even more. It's hard, watching someone who was supposed to be married after you, getting ready to be married before you even have a solidified relationship with someone.

That being said, I am so thankful you have given me a reasonable head, that I can know that despite my stupid, girly 'cravings', I can be level-headed and know that getting married would be the dumbest move I could make right now.

Thank you for the BF you have so wonderfully blessed me with right now. Thank you that he is sweet, and charming, loving and funny. That he is supportive of me in my faith and endeavours, and that he adores me as much as I adore him. Thank you that he makes me happy, makes me smile, and makes my knees weak when he kisses me.

You are amazing Father; gracious and merciful, giving and loving. Thank you for finally answering my prayers in a manner much better than I could have imagined.

Love you daddy!

Just a girl, Someday a Wife

1 comment:

Leeann said...

I know how you feel. Much of the last few years of my life have been plagued by this consuming desire, and subsequent jealousy. Read about it at

http://leeleegirl4.wordpress.com/2010/06/12/youre-not-next/

p.s. I found your blog from the 20sb group "A guide to Love"